Friday, April 5

Montage Feature Artist - Magali Dincher of Beau Est Mien Prints and Design

This week, we are wrapped to have the very special Magali Dincher of Beau Est MienPrints and Design as our feature artist. Magali will exhibit in Montage until Friday 12th April.
 
I think I have always been creative. But decided to have a degree in Urban Development and became a Town Planner. When I moved to Australia, I knew I wanted to do something else. Then I booked a printmaking workshop, which I incredibly enjoyed. Shana James, my teacher was really enthusiastic about my work and she really convinced me to keep printing. And that is what I have been doing for the last 4 years. People seem to like my work. And I like to make people happy. So, I keep printing to make people smile!
I teach printmaking in my Studio to people who want to learn more about different techniques such as Linocut, Collagraph, Screen Printing and Etching. And I love it!

Why do you love making?
I don't really know why, I know I do need to make.
What do you love about exhibiting in Montage?
I'm very happy to be part of it because the people who make it alive are great people. I love their work, I love their enthusiasm, I love the effort they put in this project to showcase and support Perth based craft people.
Any tips for selling creatives and selling online?
Do not be afraid of taking risks! 
I know it's a bit of an investment, but I recommend a beautiful and user friendly website.
What are your plans for 2013?
With my husband we are creating a range of stationery products including pocket journals, calendars, notebooks, postcards and prints of prints! My husband is a great graphic and web designer, and it's great working with him.